Kaggle: SQL Scavenger Hunt, Day 4

Nearly an entire week after the Day 4 task was released in Kaggle’s SQL Scavenger Hunt, I finally made time to sit down and bang out a solution. Work has been taking up most of my free time because the end of Marking Period 3 is in 2-3 weeks, so I’m putting in a lot of effort to recovering (and grading) missing work from my students with Ds and Fs. Also, I’ve got two posts in the pipeline about the hackathon I did over the weekend and the sysadmin progress I made, but haven’t taken time to solidify my written reflections on.

Nevertheless, I have a solution to the Day 4 task and enough energy left before bed to throw these screen grabs and comments online. There were a few minor issues with misattributed (or misrequested) dates and unexpectedly large query sizes, but the fixes were quick and simple. Overall, another great review task from Kaggle.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.